Areas of Practice
Bill Scarborough focuses his practice primarily on business and estate planning for closely held businesses, their owners and families. He advises and assists on a wide range of individual and business matters, including business succession plans, acquisitions, business sale transactions and the ongoing legal needs of small businesses in a dynamic economy. Bill has been actively involved with numerous civic and charitable organizations. He joined the firm after graduating from law school in 1967.
Subscribing to the philosophy that you should never walk when you can run, Bill has been an avid long-distance runner for over 30 years. During this time he has entered (and, yes, finished) 60 marathons and 3 ultras. He is also anxiously awaiting the arrival of an improved golf game. No luck yet.
Education and Experience
- B.S., Portland State University (1962)
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law of Lewis & Clark College (1967)
- Martindale-Hubbell peer rating: AV Preeminent (highest rating)
- Past Chair, Estate Planning Seminar Committee, Estate Planning Council of Portland
- Speaker, various estate planning seminars